Wednesday 19 February 2014

Page views of this blog

I am gratified that my little blog about the March 20 Portsoken Election in the City of London has been getting high page views:

Pageviews last month
717
Pageviews yesterday
68


On another topic:  One of my political heroes is Benjamin Disraeli - who in his childhood was a congregant at my local synagogue, Bevis Marks. He also was known for his personal sartorial style, which tended to the flamboyant.



If he were to walk into a Saturday service at Bevis Marks in 2014, he would find little has changed from his time there in the early 1800s:  Congregants still wear top hats at services, and the music and traditions of the service have not changed an iota.

Residents will doubtless have seen me making my way to services at Bevis Marks on Friday nights, and early on Saturday mornings, wearing my topper. I don't like leaving it in my seat-box, as it is an expensive bit of kit.

I attend the daily morning prayer service at Bevis Marks every day of the week, pretty much without fail. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.